Breath in the quiet and serenity of our Algonquin Park home. Sleep comfortable in forested eco-cabins, nourish yourself with fresh locally-sourced foods crafted with care, and come closer to nature.
We have 2 indoor studios: the smaller, circular Dragonfly room for groups of up to 20 in circle, 12 in a movement practice; and the Butterfly Room, a large room with bright windows overlooking the lake for 20+ in circle or movement.
We also have our famous "Floating Platform," a dock on the water designed for yoga practice, and plenty of open grassy space for outdoor practice.
Our centre was designed from the ground up to be one of Canada's most environmentally friendly destinations. We operate fully on Solar Power, have green roofs, many of the cabin bathrooms are composting toilets, and we source our materials and food ingredients locally through partnerships with dozens of local farms and providers. We're one of very few Platinum-level Greenleaders on Tripadvisor.
Whether you are a first-time retreat planner, or you've been facilitating retreats for years, our team can support you in planning a once-in-a-lifetime nature retreat in Algonquin Park. Our centre was designed for group retreats, and every part of what we offer has been crafted to help you bring your group closer together, in nature.
From delicious meals catered for you to a variety of indoor & outdoor practice spaces, you have found the perfect oasis to plan your group retreat.
- Complimentary accommodation & meals for you, the facilitator. Plus, a special invitation to join us for a sauna & solo retreat time the night before arrival day,
- Delicious meals catered to the dietary needs of your group,
- Shared cabin accommodation for attendees,
- Use of our collection of yoga props including mats, bolsters, straps, blocks, eye pillows, blankets, and more,
- Use of yoga spaces including our Yoga Dock, Dragonfly Studio, Butterfly Room, and Yoga Garden,
- A Host: A member of the Edge team who will jump in with your group and assist in creating the best retreat possible,
- Accent activities that may include: SUP, Canoeing, Kayaking, Nature Walks, Snowshoeing, Cross-Country skiing, cooking, art, or more; led by your host,
- Our expertise, and retreat planning resources we have developed over the past 30 years,
- Process your own registrations, or have our Guest Services team look after it for you!
- Host an “Ice Breaker” conference call for attendees in the week leading up to your retreat.
A variety of cabin styles with options for private or shared will ensure everyone has the comfort they are looking for. Canvas cabins, Eco-Studio cabins, Log Cabins, and more.
There are two main bathrooms & shower rooms in Points North, our main gathering area; and many of the guest rooms have en-suites, whether composting toilet or flush toilet.
Housekeeping services typically operate around retreat dates. You'll come into a beautifully clean space but we generally ask guests to help pick up after themselves during their stay.
Bed linens are absolutely provided and included. We do ask guests to bring their own towels, as we are off-the-grid it is helpful to help reduce laundry, but we have extras if someone forgets.
Proudly serving a taste of our region, our award winning mealtime steward, Greg Waters and our Culinary Retreats have been recognized by the tourism industry as some of the best in Canada.
Kitchen and Dining room
Our dining room seats up to 40 and the kitchen is absolutely wonderful - we'd be happy to include a cooking lesson as a part of your retreat. Meals are always included in retreats at the Edge.
We're right on the lake, and offer Stand Up Paddleboards, Canoes, Mountain Bikes, local trail systems; and in the winter Cross-Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, and Ice Skating. Equipment is included.
Located on the edge of Algonquin Park, our centre is perfectly located if you'd like to paddle into the park or explore the nearby "Forgotten Trails." Just 3 hours North of Toronto, Ontario.
Northern Edge Algonquin, South River, ON, Canada
Toronto is the most convenient major airport location, with a couple services available to reach our centre from there. Some guests fly into Jack Garland airport in North Bay, which is closer.
South River, Ontario is the nearest town. If you'd like to include a town day, we can visit the local Highlander Brewery for a brewmaster training or take art classes at Studio 150.
The Ontario Northland Bus drops off passengers at the Shell Gas Station. We do offer a shuttle service out to the retreat from this drop-off point if guests choose to take the bus from Toronto.
We accept a $600 deposit to reserve your retreat date. We do not accept multiple groups at a time, so book early to secure your date!
Your deposit is non-refundable, however, if you cancel it can be applied as a credit to your name which you can use for any future experience with us.